Shirley conducts one-day workshops for children, weekend retreats and workshops for teens and adults, and does one-on-one coaching, too.
Through the use of tools and exercises in a safe environment, participants are able to open up about their feelings, share stories, and learn skills designed to help them move forward and begin their healing process.
“Living with a Dying Child”, “Life Goes on Even in Hard Times”, “It Isn’t Always Easy” are some of the topics Shirley addresses. She can also customize talks for your group.
Organizations where Shirley has spoken:
- Association of Pediatric Oncology Social Workers
- Washington State Hospice Association
- CureSearch National Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Candlelighters of Western Washington
- American Children’s Cancer Organization
- University of Washington School of Medicine
- Washington State Nurses Association